In this blog post, I am going to share with you how your negative beliefs and ignorance are keeping you broke. After listening and studying to many successful people, I now understand the POWER of our thoughts, beliefs, and emotions. You can use them to your advantage or disadvantage.
If you’re not consciously applying your thoughts, beliefs, and emotions to your advantage, then you most certainly are to disadvantage and you don’t even know it.
Listen to successful people
Many of you probably already know that I am a big fan of T. Harv Eker. He is the author of the Secrets of the Millionaire Mind book. A few weeks ago, I was at one of his seminars, where they shared with the audience a series of beliefs that is actually holding people back from achieving their fullest financial potential.
So what I wanted to do here, is to share some of these beliefs with you. Your job is to rate yourself from 1 to 10 with regard to each of the following statements. If you choose 1, it means you 100% disagree with that statement. And if you choose 10, it means you 100% agree with it.
The limiting beliefs…
- Money is the root of all evil.
- It’s more enlightened to be poor than rich.
- Most rich people probably did something bad or dishonest to get their money.
- Having a lot of money would make me less spiritual or pure.
- Getting rich takes too much work and struggle.
- Having a lot of money is a big responsibility.
- I don’t feel “good enough” to be rich.
- Realistically, chances are I’ll never be rich.
- Getting is a matter of luck or fate.
- Getting rich isn’t for people like me.
- Striving for wealth won’t allow much time for anything else in life.
- To be rich, you have to use people and take advantage of them.
- If I get rich, everyone will want something from me.
- If I get rich there are certain people in my life who won’t like it, or me.
- If I have lots of money, it means someone else is going to have less.
- Having excess money means you are greedy.
- I’m not very good in the area of money and finances.
- If I get a lot of money, I might lose it.
- If I really strive for the wealth and don’t succeed, I feel like a failure.
- I have the potential for wealth, all I need is a break.
- This just isn’t the right time for me to start “going for it” financially.
- I don’t really want to be wealthy.
- Money isn’t really that important.
- You can’t strive for wealth and be happy and fulfilled at the same time.
- Money can cause a lot of problems.
- It’s not right to make a lot more money than my parents.
- You can’t get rich doing exactly what you love.
- Trying to earn money is a hassle and a struggle.
- It takes money to make money.
- Etc… hopefully you get the picture!
The list goes on and on and I do want to thank Peak Potentials for putting such an amazing list together. Actually, in total, they had over 70 statements of limiting beliefs. I hope that you really went through this list and at rated yourself. Because if you do, then you have the potential for growth. This could be what is limiting you from achieving what you want.
Can I guarantee you success?
You might be saying well what guarantee do I have that if I do change my beliefs that I will actually be wealthy? The answer is:
“The only guarantee that you have in life is that if you continue to believe, do and feel what you have been believing, doing and feeling for the last five years, then five years from now you are going to be where you are today.”
If you are happy where you are today, then good for you. But if you’re not, then you need to change. In order for experience to change, then the way you think and behave needs to change first. To conclude this blog post, I would like to cite one of my favorite quotes by Benjamin Franklin:
“If you think education is expensive, try ignorance.”
What I am encouraging you to do is invest in your education. This could be a personal development book, seminar, coaching session, whatever you need help with, go spend some money on it. And I’m not necessarily talking about college education.
Please if you SHARE & LIKE this post if you found it helpful.
To Your Success,
Work With Me - Nerium International
PS: If you are struggling to get more leads, generate more cash and sign up more reps into your network marketing business, then I highly suggest you check this out.